Friday, February 12, 2016

Eye Candy Friday and a long weekend...

...I'm ready now, but have a couple more hours of work to get through.

Today's eye candy is all blossoms. The nectarine is starting to set blossoms:

Nectarine blossom-to-be

The apricot is a little further along:

First apricot blossoms of the season

and the Santa Rosa plum trees are going nuts:

Santa Rosa Plum blossoms on another tree

Santa Rosa Plum blossoms

Up this weekend: Spin In tomorrow!! I plan on making some red velvet mini-cupcakes to take.  I need to find something pink or red to spin to keep things in a Valentine's theme.

I'm going to spend a little time cleaning up around the house. We need some serious vacuum monster action in the living room. There are little bits and pieces that have accumulated on the tables that need to be put away.

I discovered a mistake with the Canto de Sirena shawl [Ravelry]. Given that it's in row 3 of the pattern repeat and I'm supposed to be working on row 5, I need to figure out the best and easiest way to fix  it.  A certain amount of brain power is required, so I'll tackle it Sunday or Monday morning.

I need to try on the Be My Baby for My Baby [Ravelry] project to determine if I really need to knit another 5 inches on the scarf portion. The garter stitch that I switched to has so much more give that I may not need to make it the length that the pattern specifies.

One thing that I must do this weekend is gather all of my Stitches West stuff together--map, badge holder, shopping bag, take-along project, and water bottle. That way on Wednesday night, all I need to do is fill the water bottle, add a couple of snacks, and I'm ready to go!

I'm really looking forward to next week!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...