Eye Candy Friday:
Spring is everywhere in the garden. The irises are starting to bloom:
- Worked on Mermaid's Tale (weaving) [Ravelry]
- Looked through my queued needlework projects and found a canvaswork piece that is nearly finished. I had totally forgotten about it! It's time to add that to the rotation.
- Officially put Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry] into hibernation. I'll put it back in rotation when I'm ready to face it again.
- I cast on the Castra shawl. I bought the pattern and yarn at Stitches West this year. I named my project Costa del Mar [Ravelry] because the yarn reminds me of the coast.
- I tried spinning on Sunday and it worked. I had to take lots of breaks so I wouldn't overdo the hurt ankle, but I successfully plied Sweet Heat [Ravelry]. Hurray!
- I finally got a somewhat decent photo of the Leaf cross stitch that I finished the week before.
and the close up:
Falkland top (4.1 oz) from the Yarn Wench
234.5 yds. chain-plied; 13 WPI
This is Leaf:
Monthly musing by Shepherd’s Bush
Monday's Craft Coffee:
I continued to work on the Citrus Hat (knitting) [Ravelry]. I have about half an inch left to knit before I can start the decreases. I should be able to finish it this month. Another hurray!
And finally, the latest WIPs roll call:
- Costa del Mar (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Citrus Hat (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid's Tale (weaving) [Ravelry]
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Empress handspun [Ravelry]
- Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
- Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.