Eye Candy Friday...

...and it's going to be a busy weekend.

We have a lot of tomato plants waiting to be planted:

Tomato plants and seedlings

The flowering trumpet vines are going crazy:

Lavender trumpet vine
>

The Spanish lavender in the front yard is very happy with all of the rain we're getting:

Spanish lavender

And the pink roses have taken off. Unfortunately, it was too sunny to take really nice photos of them this morning, so here is one that I filtered so you can see the petals:

Pink rose, filtered

Up this weekend: We need to finish our taxes! The Husband has the last pieces of information we need and then I get get them files and mail in our payment. I'm not sure whether he's up for doing that tonight, but I'd love to get them done. :)

The rest of my weekend will be spent sewing an outfit to wear to our niece's wedding reception next week. Right, I said next week. Fortunately, it's just a longish skirt and a top, and completely doable as long as I don't get sidetracked.

I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics last night and found a beautiful paisley fabric for the skirt and a silk-like fabric for the top. I bought the top pattern and two skirt patterns as I'm not sure which one will be easiest. My biggest criteria was finding a skirt pattern that uses a zipper closure rather than an elastic waist. I like my skirts to stay in place so I'm not worrying about it slipping down.

If I have any time when I'm done with that, I'll work on one of my projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogiversary Contest...

October 2007 recap...

Happy 10th Blogiversary to me...