Friday, April 15, 2016

Eye Candy Friday...

...and it's going to be a busy weekend.

We have a lot of tomato plants waiting to be planted:

Tomato plants and seedlings

The flowering trumpet vines are going crazy:

Lavender trumpet vine
>

The Spanish lavender in the front yard is very happy with all of the rain we're getting:

Spanish lavender

And the pink roses have taken off. Unfortunately, it was too sunny to take really nice photos of them this morning, so here is one that I filtered so you can see the petals:

Pink rose, filtered

Up this weekend: We need to finish our taxes! The Husband has the last pieces of information we need and then I get get them files and mail in our payment. I'm not sure whether he's up for doing that tonight, but I'd love to get them done. :)

The rest of my weekend will be spent sewing an outfit to wear to our niece's wedding reception next week. Right, I said next week. Fortunately, it's just a longish skirt and a top, and completely doable as long as I don't get sidetracked.

I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics last night and found a beautiful paisley fabric for the skirt and a silk-like fabric for the top. I bought the top pattern and two skirt patterns as I'm not sure which one will be easiest. My biggest criteria was finding a skirt pattern that uses a zipper closure rather than an elastic waist. I like my skirts to stay in place so I'm not worrying about it slipping down.

If I have any time when I'm done with that, I'll work on one of my projects.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...