Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...yeah, I totally missed Eye Candy Friday. It's going to take me a bit to get the hang of having half-days off on Fridays.
  1. I spent 1 hour of my precious afternoon-off getting the oil changed in my car. It's supposed to be a 10-minute oil change, but that didn't happen. There were 2 people in front of me, the technician was cranky, and the customer in front of me was a royal P.I.T.A. At least I won;t have to do that again for a few months.
  2. The other errand I ran on my afternoon-off was buying a new vacuum cleaner. When you have two cats, you need a decent vacuum monster. I can't say enough good things about buying an item from Target on-line and being able to pick it up later in the day. That took less than 10 minutes!
  3. I went home and looked at the baby quilt, thinking that I'd start it. I decided I needed a better yellow for the first border, so I put it aside. I need to make a Saturday run to the quilt store.
  4. I spent the rest of the afternoon, sewing together block for the All That Glitters Christmas quilt.
  5. Saturday I made a quick trip to The Granary and bought the border fabric I needed plus a colorful flannel that I will use for the backing, Originally, I was going to use a fabric in the same line as the panel, but I thin that the flannel will be warmer for the baby.
  6. I sewed two narrow borders on the baby quilt, one yellow with bubbles and one dark blue with stars. Then I added a wider border with the fabric that matched the panel. Baby Quilt top is done! (Unless I decide to add some appliques or something.)
  7. I finished sewing all of the blocks for the Christmas quilt.
  8. I finished processing the vacation photos for Day 5 of the vacation. (Yay!)
  9. I did manage to take photos of the llama handspun, but I want to finish the vacation photos before I touch those!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...