I am behind on Christmas baking, mostly because of being sick during Thanksgiving week. Normally, I do all of the ingredient shopping and bake the fruitcakes during that week. This time, I just concentrated on getting well.
I did most of my ingredient shopping Thursday afternoon when I had a half day off. The rest of it I did on Sunday.
Saturday was full from start to finish. We got our Christmas tree (which is still sitting in the back yard in a bucket of water), gave the cat a flea bath (yuck), I baked the fruitcakes, and then did the laundry.
Sunday was grocery/ingredient shopping. I prepped the crock pot with our dinner and then got down to baking. I made the dough for the sugar cookies, chocolate sugar cookies, Mexican Wedding cookies, Spumoni Slices, and Coffee-Chocolate Ribbons. I baked the Christmas Spritz
...and the Cherry Kisses.
I ran out of steam at that point. I'd still like to make the Saigon Cinnamon Cookies, but that will have to wait until my half-day on Friday.
I still have to figure out how I'm going to assemble the cookie samplers, but that will have to wait until next week.
I managed to do a little knitting at Craft Coffee on Monday. I'm working on the decreases for the Icelandic Hat for Halos of Hope. It was the last Craft Coffee of the year, so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get any more concentrated knitting time until after Christmas.
*WIPs roll call*
- All That Glitters Christmas quilt (quilting)
Still playing with the layout
- Christmas baking
Cherry Kisses and Spritz are done; 5 doughs ready to cut and bake; fruitcakes done.
- Christmas goodie cookbook (desktop publishing)
I made the decision to print the cookies and biscotti as recipe card sets and only print two copies of the complete book (one for me and one for the Daughter). I'll give the sets to selected family members and make the PDF available to my entire gift list.
- Icelandic Halos of Hope hat (knitting)
Started the decreases.
- 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
- Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
- Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Sea of Dreams baby quilt (quilting)
- St. Charles (needlepoint)
- Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Finishing work
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.