Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Top-Of-The-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

I consciously did not post on Friday because the day was pretty hectic.

We were going out to an early dinner with the Daughter and her aunt and uncle in Oakland. On a weekend day, that's an hour's drive. On a Friday afternoon, it's more like 2 hours. We left early because we wanted to make a couple of stops.

The first place we wanted to go was Oaktown Spice Shop. It's owned by friends of the Daughter and she's given us several gifts of amazing spice from there. When you first step into the shop, you are enveloped in the scents of multiple spices. The aroma is heavenly. I bought some Hungarian sweet paprika and noted a few other things I wanted to try, like the honey powder.

We tried to find a bar that was recommended by my nephew, but were unsuccessful. We went to the address listed on the map, but didn't see. It was so busy in downtown Oakland that we decided to try on another trip.

We met up with the Daughter and had a wonderful dinner at The Lake Chalet restaurant.

I spent most of the weekend working on the baby quilt. Machine quilting around the animals is taking a long time, but it's looking very cute. I'm trying to decide how to quilt the wide border and haven't come up with any good ideas yet.

I'm still processing the Monterey photos, but here's one of my favorites:

Sand Dollars

I'll keep plugging away at them!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...