...finally got photos of the last two handspun projects, plus a new sewing project!
This is the Sunset handspun [Ravelry]:
and the close up:
Merino-Bamboo-Silk top (4 oz.) from Greenwood Fiberworks (Stitches West 2017)
215.9 yds 2-ply, 15 WPI
This is the Tiger Lily handspun [Ravelry] :
and the close up:
Merino-Stellina top (4 oz.) from Greenwood Fiberworks (Stitches West 2016)
270 yds 2-ply, 15 WPI
The sewing F.O. is a new project bag. I've been using a flat project bag for the Charred Teal Shawl, but it doesn't work very well with the 7 balls of yarn in the shawl. I wanted something that opened wider. I found this post: open wide zippered pouch: DIY tutorial. The large size seemed like it would be ideal. I had just purchased some beautiful fabric with dragonfly wings that I wanted to use. I did a quick trip to Jo-Ann's to get a zipper, followed by a stash dive for lining fabric.
The pattern was pretty easy to follow. I didn't read one of the directions correctly, so the zipper isn't quite right on the open end. I'll know what to do for the next bag. This is the Dragonfly Wings project bag:
And a peek at the inside:
Started and finished 5/29/17
Outer fabric: Shimmering Wings from the Dance of the Dragonfly line by Kanvas Studio for Benartex
Lining: A blue pearlescent Fairy Frost by Michael Miller
Zipper: 14-inch Coats & Clark All-Purpose Plastic Zipper in Parakeet
My project fits nicely in the bag and I can easily reach the different balls of yarn. I have a couple of modifications for the next bag, but overall it was a definite win. :)
Other than the bag and some knitting, the majority of my holiday was spent working on the mermaid. It felt good to make progress on this project!
...and another week where I don't have a true WIP photo to show. However, here's a photo of the Apricot Orchid [ Ravelry ] fiber f...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...
...in which there are no new photos of WIPs. Instead, here's a photo of my Abundant Earth Fiber dye kit: I bought this after Stitch...
...and a couple of photo updates. Here is the bobbin full of Mirabel [ Ravelry ] singles: And the current state of Mermaid of the Pea...