Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Finished objects...

...finally got photos of the last two handspun projects, plus a new sewing project!

This is the Sunset handspun [Ravelry]:

Sunset handspun

and the close up:

Sunset handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 4/28/17
Finished 5/21/17
Merino-Bamboo-Silk top (4 oz.) from Greenwood Fiberworks (Stitches West 2017)
215.9 yds 2-ply, 15 WPI

This is the Tiger Lily handspun [Ravelry] :

Tiger Lily handspun

and the close up:

Tiger Lily handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 4/9/17
Finished 5/27/17
Merino-Stellina top (4 oz.) from Greenwood Fiberworks (Stitches West 2016)
270 yds 2-ply, 15 WPI

The sewing F.O. is a new project bag. I've been using a flat project bag for the Charred Teal Shawl, but it doesn't work very well with the 7 balls of yarn in the shawl. I wanted something that opened wider. I found this post: open wide zippered pouch: DIY tutorial. The large size seemed like it would be ideal. I had just purchased some beautiful fabric with dragonfly wings that I wanted to use. I did a quick trip to Jo-Ann's to get a zipper, followed by a stash dive for lining fabric.

The pattern was pretty easy to follow. I didn't read one of the directions correctly, so the zipper isn't quite right on the open end. I'll know what to do for the next bag. This is the Dragonfly Wings project bag:

Dragonfly Wings project bag

And a peek at the inside:

Dragonfly Wings project bag, lining

Specs:
Started and finished 5/29/17
Outer fabric: Shimmering Wings from the Dance of the Dragonfly line by Kanvas Studio for Benartex
Lining: A blue pearlescent Fairy Frost by Michael Miller
Zipper: 14-inch Coats & Clark All-Purpose Plastic Zipper in Parakeet

My project fits nicely in the bag and I can easily reach the different balls of yarn. I have a couple of modifications for the next bag, but overall it was a definite win. :)

Other than the bag and some knitting, the majority of my holiday was spent working on the mermaid. It felt good to make progress on this project!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...