Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and I haven't melted yet!

It was so hot this weekend! Fortunately, my studio stays relatively cool until about 2:30 or 3:00 pm. While it's not cool enough to machine quilt (read: wrestle a quilt through the sewing machine), I can do many other things until it gets unbearable hot.
  • Quilting: I found the fabrics that I had purchased for my personal quilt. Two fabrics are particularly important: the John Deere tractor fabric and the Hereford cattle fabric. My father drove a John Deere tractor when he was foreman of a ranch in Gilroy. It was a beef cattle ranch that ran Hereford cattle. These fabrics represent a precious time of my life.

    With them, I found the monster movie fabric I wanted to use and several others. I now have a bunch of fabrics to cut!
  • Cross Stitch: The Mermaid of the Pearls project is coming along. I got a little list in some of the pink fin areas, but I'm back on track. I was very happy that I didn't have to restitch anything!
  • Cross Stitch: I finished the center square of the Spring 9-Patch pillow (Pine Mountain). I'm now working on the basket square.
  • Spinning
    • I finished spinning the singles for Rivendell [Ravelry]. It's now resting with Robin's Egg [Ravelry] until I'm ready for a plying session.
    • I have 4 Phat Fiber boxes in the stash. Since it was too hot to spin a large bump of fiber, I started spinning the Indian Wedding box from August 2016. It's not the oldest box I have, but I'd need to do a deep stash dive to find the oldest one (Ancient Egypt from October 2014).
  • Knitting: The Charred Teal Shawl [Ravelry] is progressing, It's my go-to knitting fro Craft Coffee on Mondays. I added the 3rd contrast color for section 2 last night and I'm working on another main color separator.
  • No work on the needlepoint or weaving projects. 
Sunday was Father's Day and the Daughter took us out to dinner at a Peruvian restaurant. The restaurant's AC was working, but couldn't quite keep up with the heat and the number of people who were dining. Even though it wasn't AC-cold, it was pleasant. The food was good, our server was helpful, and of course the company was the best!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...