Wednesday, June 28, 2017

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and a couple of spinning photos.

I have two handspuns ready to ply. This is Robin's Egg [Ravelry]:

Robin's Egg singles

and this is Rivendell [Ravelry]:

Rivendell singles

Both are from Greenwood Fiberworks. My goal is to get one of them plied on Friday, and start Tour de Fleece with the other on Saturday. I'd rather have them both plied and out of the way before the Tour, but there simply isn't enough time, nor will my knees allow that much spinning in an afternoon.

My Tour de Fleece plan is to spin completely from my Yarn Wench stash. I'll need to take "before" photos for many of them as they are not in my Ravelry notebook. Many were purchased before I joined Ravelry, and I didn't add fiber to my notebook until I was ready to spin it. Now I add it as soon as I receive it!

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
    Cut out approx. 20 feature fabrics; auditioning the names: "Look Through My Window" and "She Came in Through the Attic Window". The first speaks more towards the theme of the quilt, while the second has that odd sense of humor that the Husband and I enjoy (as in the "Lacy in the Sky with Diamonds" shawl [Ravelry]).
  • Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Section 2: finished the 4th contrast color and working on the separating section before contrast color #5.
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Nearly finished the back fin and working on more of the tail
  • St. Charles (needlepoint)
    Added another set of separators
  • Spring 9-Patch (cross stitch)
    Finished the main stitching of the center square (row 1, square 2)
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Phat Fiber box, Indian Wedding (spinning) [Ravelry]
  3. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]  
  4. Rivendell handspin (spinning) [Ravelry]
  5. Robin's Egg handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
  6. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  7. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. All That Glitters Christmas quilt (quilting)
  2. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  4. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Finishing work
  7. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  8. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  9. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...