Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
  • I am almost caught up with the laundry. I have an advantage in that the washer and dryer are in my studio. I can work on projects while I keep an eye on the them. The disadvantage is that the washer and dryer are so loud that I get tired of hearing them run for hours at a time. I'm ready for a little peace and quiet before everything gets done. Right now, there are 2 quilts that need to be washed that I couldn't bear doing.
  • I did get the grocery shopping done and actually packed some lunches to take to work. Yay!
  • I spent the majority of my craft time working on the mermaid. I did a little bit of her hair and am working up her neck. I forced myself to do a large section of metallic stitching, but there is still a ton to do.
  • I also worked on the Peek a Boo cross stitch pillow.
  • I completed the first contrast color for section 3 of the Charred Teal shawl  [Ravelry]. At Craft Coffee last night, I knit the first two rows of contrast color 2 (CC2) and started on the first main color section when I realized that there was an error in the CC2 section. I had to pull it all out and I'm basically back to where I left off on Sunday. [Sigh]
  • I need a beach square for the quilt and I haven't found the perfect fabric yet. I decided to check out my cross stitch charts and see whether I had one that might work. In one of the destash boxes, I found one that will work if I need it.
  • While I was looking in the destash boxes, I started taking photos of the charts I want to get rid of. There 4 bankers boxes full, so it might take a while to get photos of them all.
  • I really need to get serious about getting rid of these charts. The boxes are taking up room in my studio!


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...