Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday catch-up...

...between the trip to Mom's and visiting with family, Eye Candy anything got lost in the shuffle.

Friday's drive to Mom's was horrible. It was stop and go for the majority of the 238-mile trip - 4.5 hours of driving. And I left at noon! I'm glad I didn't leave any later than that!

I had a good visit with Mom, my Aunt Rose, and cousins. I also got to spend quite a bit of time with my sister, which doesn't happen very often. Her job keeps her traveling and very busy.

The first night, we stayed up until 1am catching up and telling family stories. Saturday morning, my sister brought freshly baked pan dulce from her favorite panderia. OMG< it was fabulous! Pan dulce with coffee is one of the best breakfasts ever!

My mom has many photo albums of family pictures starting some where in the 40s. We had a great time going through the albums and sharing information about the photos. I had taken my scanner specifically to scan some of the older photos while I have a chance to ask questions about the people in them. My sister and I made a great team - she'd look through an album and mark photos I should scan.

I found some really sweet photos of my parents when they were first married and many photos of me when I was a baby.

My parents at the beach

Sunday morning, I left by 9:30am, hoping to miss all of the awful traffic. It was better than the trip down, but it was still a 4+ hour drive.

I'm a little sleep deprived, but hope to catch up soon!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...