Wednesday, August 16, 2017

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and a photo of my new toy.

A year or so ago, my Mom mentioned that she had an old Singer sewing machine. She said it wasn't very big and she hadn't used it in a long time. I learned how to sew on an treadle Singer machine that she had given away without asking me if I wanted it. So I asked if I could have this one. She said yes and she put my name on it so it was clear that it went to me.

On the weekend's visit, she said it was silly to leave it at her house when she wasn't going to use it again. When she pulled it out to give to me. It was indeed a small machine - it's a Singer Featherweight 221 in excellent condition. OMG!

I did a little research when I got it home and determined that it is probably a 1954 model. It was last serviced about 15 years ago, but she hasn't used it since. It is way cool!

Singer Featherweight 221 sewing machine

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
    Cut out the Jellyfish square using the new fabric; cut out a couple of other squares. I'm still not happy with any of the beach fabrics I have, so I may make that the cross stitch square.
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Still working on the bubbles that she is holding.
  • Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    In the two-steps-forward-one-step-back category, pulled out two contrasting color sections and reknit them correctly. I probably shouldn't work on the contrasting color while watching Game of Thrones!
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peek a Boo pillow (cross stitch)
  4. Phat Fiber box, Indian Wedding (spinning) [Ravelry
  5. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  6. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  7. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. All That Glitters Christmas quilt (quilting)
  2. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  4. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Finishing work
  7. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  8. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  9. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...