Friday, September 01, 2017

Eye Candy Friday...

...and Happy September! Yeah, September...how did that happen?

We have a few things blooming the yard this week. I had to make sure I took photos today because they could all be dead by the end of the day. It's supposed to hit 104 today, completely out of character for our area. We rarely reach the 90s, much less the 100s. Mother Nature's air conditioning is on the fritz.

In the courtyard, we have Blue Throatwort:

Blue throatwort

By the front door, we have more canna lilies blooming:

Yellow and orange canna lily

In the backyard, we have lobster flowers:

Lobster flower

and a Candy Corn plant (cigar plant):

Cigar plant

Up this weekend: The first thing I need to do is put the studio back in order. I had to move all of the furniture to make enough room for the delivery guys to take out the old washer and dryer and put in the new ones. I'll take this opportunity to mop the floors and vacuum the rugs that are normally covered by furniture.

Then it's time to catch up with the laundry that didn't get done due to the broker washer.

In between that and trying to stay cool, I'll work on some crafts. The mermaid is my primary focus, but I might start cutting out the sashing for the quilt squares. If it gets too hot, reading mmight be the only thing I can do.

Maybe the weatherman will be wrong...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...