Wednesday, September 06, 2017

WIP-it Wednesday...

...I was so busy catching up from the day off that I forgot to blog yesterday.

Weekend report: It was blazing hot, making it difficult to think and doing anything crafty. The weatherman was wrong: it was hotter than predicted. I did manage to get some cross stitch done. But when it's 107 all you want to do is cool off! Fortunately, Sunday was only in the 90s(!) and Monday was in the 80s.

Monday was my birthday, so I got to shop for my birthday present. I wanted a new pair of cycling shoes for my spin class. While my current shoes are still usable, I'm tired of the shoelace-Velcro combination. I got a new pair of Shimano shoes that have two Velcro closures and a buckle. They will be much easier to deal with.

The new washer and dryer will take a little getting used to. There are so many settings on each one. I like that the washer displays the number of minutes the load will take. However, it takes longer to do a load in the new one. The dryer settings are a mystery. I think I'm setting it for the right dryness, but I sometimes need to put some of the pieces back in to dry completely. At least it's not just me. The Husband is having the same issue. Once we figure out the settings that will work, it will be fine.

I couldn't face using the sewing machine because it give off a certain amount of heat when in use. I had plenty of heat, thank you!

I spent most of the long weekend working on the mermaid. It was a relatively cool project to work on. I finished the hair and stitched the bubbles that hang off to the left. I also did some of the back stitching. I'm not completely happy with the back stitching on the upper arm and may redo that.

Mermaid of the Pearls, as of 9/4/17

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Finished the hair and the foam.
  • Peek a Boo pillow (cross stitch)
    Finished the ghost, monster, and the witch; working on the fence (last part!).
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting) 
  3. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Phat Fiber box, Indian Wedding (spinning) [Ravelry
  6. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  7. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  8. Unnamed hat (knitting)
  9. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. All That Glitters Christmas quilt (quilting)
  2. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  4. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Finishing work
  7. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  8. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  9. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...I love this time of the year! The path in our backyard has filled out and there are flowers blooming everywhere. This is the view ...