Friday, October 27, 2017

Eye Candy Friday...

...my first full week at work after vacation has been busy.

With it getting dark earlier in the evening and the light not quite right when I have the time to take photos in the mornings, I have been unable to take new shots in the past week. When we do the time change in a week, I hope to get back to my regular photo schedule (assuming there's something I can take photos of).

Our first full day at the Grand Canyon ended in a spectacular sunset. Unfortunately, our plan to be at a good location for said sunset was thwarted by the transit schedule being less than clear on what constituted "30 minutes before sunset." They meant 30 minutes before the minute that sunset started, which is not what we and 6 other people thought - 30 minutes before full-on sunset.

Since we missed the last shuttle, I took photos at the transit station. There are a bunch in my Flickr group. Here's a sample:

Sunset with cloud flares

We did get to a viewpoint for the next day's sunset, but there weren't any clouds. It was still beautiful, but the photos aren't as cool as Day 1's.

Up this weekend:
  • Process more photos.
  • Work on the mermaid.
  • Work on the quilt.
  • Decide whether we're giving out candy for the trick-or-treaters. The danger is always that we will have too much candy left over and we'll eat it!
  • All the normal errands and chores.

No comments:

Catching Up on Thursday...

 ...totally spaced on posting yesterday.   I've been involved in reorganizing my fabric. The cats decided it's fun to pull my ...