Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

The short story: I am back on track with the baking and I am behind on Christmas decorations!
  • Friday: I baked my fruitcakes and made 2 more cookie doughs that need to chill before baking.
  • Saturday: We got our Christmas tree and put it in a bucket of water in the side yard. It's still there!
  • Saturday: I baked the 9 cookie doughs that were ready to go. I also made two more that didn't need chilling before baking: Christmas Spritz and Cherry Kisses.

    Christmas tree shopping, baking, laundry, and the dishes: my Saturday in a nutshell.
Cookie baking 12/9/17

  • Sunday: The first thing was doing the grocery shopping.  We decided on a crockpot dinner so I wouldn't have to cook a full dinner after baking.

    I got dinner into the crockpot and started on the biscotti. This year I dropped two types off the list to reduce the overall volume. I baked six types of biscotti: Grand Marnier, Coconut, Cranberry-Pistachio, Espresso, Gingerbread, and Chocolate.

Biscotti baking 12/10/17

The grand total for this week's baking:
  • Fruitcakes: 4 small bundt, 7 mini-loaves, and 6 cup-sized
  • Cookies: 747 (up 210, still trying to figure out why that number is so high)
  • Biscotti: 319 (down 149)
Next weekend is icing and chocolate: Icing the sugar cookies, putting chocolate on the biscotti, and making chocolate bark.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...