Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
  • The weekend went way too fast!
  • The first thing on the agenda was to put the living room back into its normal configuration.
  • Next, find the missing boxes for 3 Hallmark ornaments and put all of the Christmas decorations away. I had to dig through 4 storage boxes to find the missing items. Since I had everything out, I reorganized the storage boxes so I can find thing easier next Christmas.
  • Boxed up the Star Trek tree so it can go back into the Storage Unit.
  • I put away the remaining baking tools and tossed the leftover royal icing so I could fold up the extra table in the kitchen. 
  • The Husband took the Star Trek Tree and the folding table back to the Storage Unit. Yay!
  • On Friday, I finished binding the All That Glitters quilt. On Saturday, I took care of all the loose threads and sewed a label on it. It's done!! I just need to take photos.
  • Sunday morning, there were many interesting raindrops hanging from the tree branches and plant leaves in our garden. I took the opportunity to try various settings with my new macro lens. Many of the photos didn't turn out, but a few did. I particularly like the raindrops on this Cordyline leaf.
Raindrops on Cordyline leaf
  • The only other project I worked on was the mermaid. It's slow going as I'm on the part of her tail with large sections of the same color. DMC 503 gets a little boring after a while!

No comments:

Catching Up on Thursday...

 ...totally spaced on posting yesterday.   I've been involved in reorganizing my fabric. The cats decided it's fun to pull my ...