Thursday, January 18, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...sorry, no new photos.

I have not been able to fully embrace my WIPs since last Wednesday, I've done a little work on some of them, but no where near enough to get them to "done."

My audition of the Purpleheart square spindle from Spindlewood was successful. The resulting single was much smoother than the previous attempt. I think this is the one!

My goal is to spin a little each day on this project, even if it's only 15 minutes a day. Because I tend to spin thin on the spindle, it might take a while to spin this fiber!

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Denali handspun (spinning [Ravelry]
    Working on the second half.
  • Christmas 9-patch Pillow (cross stitch)
    Worked on the solid red square.
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Still working on the tail and the trailing seaweed. 
  • Mirabel handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
    Auditioned spindles; split the top into halves, and then each into quarters; started spinning.
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
  3. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  6. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  7. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Finishing work
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  6. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...