Wednesday, January 24, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and an old finished object.

As I mentioned, we're going through my mother-in-law's craft stuff. In on e of the boxes I found this:

Shell cross stitch

Specs:
Stitched in December of 1989
Kit  - I need to check my project book at home to see if I have the name of the publisher.

I bought several kits in to make presents for the female members of The Husband's family. Each one contained a painted tin with an insert for a cross stitch insert on the lid. The kit came with patterns and I picked different ones for each person. My MIL still had the design on the tin's top., but no longer had the body of the tin.

In this batch of craft items, we're finding some vintage crochet patterns that are in decent condition. We'll need to find homes for them. :)

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Christmas 9-patch Pillow (cross stitch)
    Working on the solid red square. Trying to decide whether to modify the other solid red square to make it less boring.
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    I figure that I have another couple of days of stitching to finish this. The it need to get washed, pressed, and beaded.
  • Mirabel handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
    Auditioned spindles; split the top into halves, and then each into quarters; started spinning.
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
  3. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Denali handspun (spinning [Ravelry]
  5. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  7. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  8. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Finishing work
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  6. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...