Friday, February 02, 2018

Eye Candy Friday...

...and only 20 days until Stitches West! LOL!

Today's eye candy is this morning's sunrise with two jet trails:

Sunrise with jet trails

There are very few things blooming in the garden. The Husband gave me a bunch of flower bulbs with new-to-us varieties of squill, lilies, scilla, and other flowers. Come spring, there should be plenty of flowers to photograph.

Not exactly eye candy, but here is another project that I made for my mother-in-law. It was in the latest batch of items we looked through. This is Gems from the Sea:

Gems from the Sea needlepoint

Specs: 
Given as a gift on 6/16/1982.
It probably took 2 to 3 elapsed months to complete the project.
Sunset Needlepoint kit, designed to be hung from the top-left corner.

I did mostly needlepoint and crewel projects up through 1982. I didn't start cross stitching until 1983 and went almost exclusively cross stitch in 1987. I started going multi-craftual in 1997. (I wrote it all down in a needlework journal - pre-database/pre-blog days...)

Up this weekend: We celebrate the Daughter's 40th birthday It's hard to believe that she's 40! Inside, I don't feel old enough to have a daughter that old, but there it is.

One goal this weekend is to gather the supplies I need to make a hat for the Ravellenic Games that start on the 8th. I want to cast-on for the hat while I watch the Winter Olympics opening ceremonies.  I have to figure out what else I'll work on. I plan on finishing the Denali handspun [Ravelry] that I worked on at the last Spin-In. What I haven't decided is whether to knock out an art yarn or two before working on other stuff.

The other thing I want to do is get the mermaid back on the stretcher bars and start the beading. Given the massive amount  of beads that this project needs, I'll probably start in the areas with the fewest number of beads and work up from there. The beads and treasures in the foam area of the piece will be the last section that I'll bead.

So many things to do!
.

No comments:

Catching Up on Thursday...

 ...totally spaced on posting yesterday.   I've been involved in reorganizing my fabric. The cats decided it's fun to pull my ...