Thursday, February 01, 2018

Playing catch-up...

...somehow it got to be Thursday! I've been working on a secret gift and it's consumed most of my time.

We spent another few hours going through my mother-in-law's craft items. We filled a large Ziploc bag with sewing notions and another with knitting and crochet hooks.

We set aside the binders she filled with project and gift ideas. These were mainly pages she found in magazines and needlework charts. It would take quite a while to go through them, so we opted to put that aside for now. We sent through several boxes and found more completed projects. The Husband will take photos of theses newly discovered projects. We also found some charts for completed Christmas ornaments, a bunch of seam binding and hemming tape, and a lot of dead elastic. And there is still more to go through!

Anyway, after seeing how many projects my MIL made and left the finishing work undone, I decided I needed to do something about mine. I went into my studio and took a good look at what I have that needs finishing work.
  • There are three scissor fobs that just need cording stitched around the edges. I made the cording and they are ready to be finished. 
  • Several needlepoint pictures either need frames or need to be made into pillows or flat-folds. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to find frames that size, but I need to do something with them.
  • I have one item that needs to be made into a pin cushion. I have the finishing kit. I just need to do it!
  • There are 4 crewel panels that I stitched when the Daughter was a toddler. Maybe I can make it into a small quilt...
It's a good start.

In other news, I finished the stitching on Mermaid of the Pearls! And I washed and pressed her!

Mermaid of the Pearls, as of 1/28/18

She is ready to go back onto the stretcher bars for beading. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to start that this weekend as there's this little thing called the Daughter's 40th birthday...
.

No comments:

Catching Up on Thursday...

 ...totally spaced on posting yesterday.   I've been involved in reorganizing my fabric. The cats decided it's fun to pull my ...