Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Stitches West wrap-up...

...and my weekend report.

Despite my hopes for avoiding the majority of the cold symptoms (at least until after Stitches), it hit me full force on Saturday. I managed to get another couple of hours of shopping in on Saturday, but I just didn't have the strength to walk much more. I hoped to crash when I got home, but my sister's husband was in town and came over for a short visit. I wished I'd felt better while he was here as we don't get to see each other very often.

After he left, I did the laundry and took photos of the new stuff. Once the laundry was under control, I moved into the house and uploaded my photos onto my laptop.

I spent Sunday on the couch. I didn't do much other than coughing, reading, and catching the occasional cat-nap. The Husband was a trooper and did the grocery shopping and made dinner. I did manage to watch the Winter Olympics closing ceremonies, but I was pretty out of it.

On Monday, I was feeling marginally better, but the coughing was still bad. I worked half a day and went home to rest.

Today is much better. I'm hardly coughing and the congestion is so much better! I took my yoga class this morning and did OK. I think I'm on the mend!

Stitches West 2018 recap

I had a short list of things to buy. The number one item I wanted was a dye kit from the Abundant Earth Fiber booth. Unfortunately, their trailer with all of the inventory was stolen from their hotel during their trip. I felt so bad for them!! I made sure to stop by their booth and get their information and join their newsletter. I still plan on getting the dye kit because I love their concept and their instructions are very clear.

The other thing on my list was the Tensioned Tabletop Swift from Wild Stitchers. Now, I already have a tabletop swift, but I'm not happy with it. It wobbles a lot and the pegs tend to lean in when I wind handspun on it. I can probably fix the wobble, but it's not high on my list.  After seeing the demonstration at Wild Stitchers, I bought a swift from them. I plan on giving the other one away at some point.

My main purchases were fiber, followed by a little yarn, and some accessories. Despite the cold, I had a good time!

Here's the SW collage:

Stitches West 2018 collage

Row 1: Bountiful Glitter Roving (Greenwood Fiberworks), Carnival Camel-Silk (Greenwood Fiberworks), 7 Deadly Sins: Envy Merino-Silk-Black Welsh-Stellina (Homestead Hobbyist), Crime Scene: Examiner's Gloves Merino-Sheltand-Silk (Homestead Hobbyist)
Row 2: Turquoise Camel-Silk (Greenwood Fiberworks), my badge, Hawaii Camel-Silk (Greenwood Fiberworks), Grandma's Kitchen Merino-Tencel (Greenwood Fiberworks)
Row 3: Galapagos Merino-Silk (Dragonfly Fibers), Star Dust in Black + Simply Sock in Lagoon (Greenwood Fiberworks), Llama needle minder from A Needle Runs Through It, Cat Stitch markers from Stunning String Studio, Fantastic Cast On and Bind Offs class by Patty Lyons
Row 4: Mr. Darcy yarn in Bare Naked and Marie Antoinette yarn in Beneath the Waves (Yarn Love), Twinkle yarn in Charcoal from the Singularity Shawl Kit (Stunning String Studio), Ram A Llama Ding Dong mug (knitbaahpurl), Lo-Lo bars in Pink Grapefruit (Bar-Maids), Lay Flat to Dry T-shirt in red (knitbaahpurl)
Not Shown: Live Your Life in Stitches t-shirt in blue (knitbaahpurl); Tensioned Tabletop Swift (Wild Stitchers)
.

No comments:

Catching Up on Thursday...

 ...totally spaced on posting yesterday.   I've been involved in reorganizing my fabric. The cats decided it's fun to pull my ...