Wednesday, February 07, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...pre-Ravellenic Games edition.

I chose two items that I am entering in the Ravellenic Games.  I'll enter the Hat Halfpipe by knitting a hat using some Red Heart yarn that I have in the stash. I'll also enter WIPs Dancing and finish spinning the Denali handspun [Ravelry] that I started in December.

I thought about entering the Mirabel handspun [Ravelry] in WIPs Dancing, but I know there is no chance that I will finish it by the 25th. If I really feel the need to enter a third thing, it will probably be spinning fiber from another Phat Fiber box in my stash.

The Mirabel has been on a back burner for a bit, only because I haven't felt the motivation to spin. However, there is some fiber on my spindle:

Mirabel handspun, in progress

The mermaid has most of my attention. I just need to pull myself away from the stitching frame so I can work on some of my other projects.

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Figured out where I left off and knit a couple of rows
  • Christmas 9-patch Pillow (cross stitch)
    Finished the solid red square (row 2, square 2). Started the "C" square (row 1, square 1).
  • Finishing work
    Finished the scissor fobs. Next up is turning the needlepoint pieces into flats.
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Started the beading at her tail.
  • St. Charles (needlepoint)
    Brought this back into the rotation. Working on the center stitching.
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
  3. Denali handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
  4. Mirabel handspun (spinning) [Ravelry
  5. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  7. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...