Wednesday, March 07, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...sorry, no photos today. The two WIPs that have my attention don't look significantly different than the last photos.

I've been concentrating on spindle spinning Mirabel [Ravelry]. I'm now spinning cop #5, which represents about one ounce of the 4 in the bump. I have a long way to go!

I'm managing to get a little stitching done on St. Charles (needlepoint), but I quickly get bored with the piece and put it aside. I have finished the inside borders and can start on the fill-in stitches once I figure out how they work. It is not a regular tent stitch filling. It sort of looks like Vs, one left-leaning stitch, one right-leaning stitch, like \ / \ / \ /. I need to figure out where to start the fill-in stitches and then I can get rolling.

One reason these projects are getting more play that the others is that I can work on them at night while I watch TV in the living room. They are both easy to pick up and work on, unlike the shawls I'm knitting. The mermaid and the quilt are relegated to the studio because of their size. I can only work on studio projects on the weekends.

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Mirabel handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
    Finished the 4th cop and transferred it to a temporary spindle; started the fifth cop.
  • St. Charles (needlepoint)
    Finished the interior blue borders; ready for fill-in stitches
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
  3. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Christmas 9-patch Pillow (cross stitch)
  5. Finishing work
  6. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  7. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  8. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  9. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...