Friday, May 04, 2018

Eye Candy Friday...

...and I'm very glad that we are at the end of the week.

After working partial days Monday through Wednesday, I'm back to working a more regular day. The Husband is spending a lot of time at his mother's house, trying to get all the paperwork in order. I haven't seen much of him, even when we are in the same location, because he's so busy. Some of it will calm down a bit once we get his mother situated.

I've only taken a few photos this week. The nasturtiums are popping up everywhere, including in this container of succulents:

Succulents

A closer look at a nasturtium:

Red nasturtium

And this Calandrinia Spectabilis popped up in the courtyard:

Calendria Spectabilis

The only reason I saw the calandrinia was that I was photographing the completed Mirabel handspun [Ravelry]:

Mirabel handspun

and the close up:

Mirabel handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 1/15/18
Finished 4/22/18
Merino-Silk (4 oz.) from Lisa Souza
Spindle-spun; wheel plied
478.0 yds, chain-ply, 20 WPI

I think it will be quite a while before I spin this much fiber on a spindle again!

Up this weekend:  I'm going to my MIL's at some point over the weekend. Also, I'm attending a retirement dinner for my former boss. In between, I'll do laundry and run to the grocery store.

What I'd really love is some sleep - I'm really zonked.  I'm having trouble staying asleep and it's playing havoc with my daily routine.

Maybe I'll get some crafting done over the weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...