Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I finished the mermaid!

...and I couldn't be happier!

OMG, it had a truckload of beads! There for a moment, I thought I was going to run out of the pearl seed  beads.  I ended up combing the carpet for loose beads that fell during that beading process. Between that and not being able to cram all the beads called for in certain areas meant that I had just enough to finish the piece.

The piece needs pressing before I can lace it on to acid-free foam core. I also need to make sure that I actually have the right size foam core board on hand. If not, I'll need to buy some when I go to buy the frame.

Here is the first look at Mermaid of the Pearls:

Mermaid of the Pearls, first look

As a closer look so you can see the insane number of beads.

Mermaid of the Pearls, first look

Specs:
Started 6/15/2014
Finished 5/28/2018
(Hibernated 9/1/2014- 5/23/2017)
Pattern by Mirabilia
Variation: I used pearls instead of glass pebble beads (Mill Hill 5147)

I worked on this piece in rotation a total of 1 year 2.5 months. I have no idea how much actual stitching time it worked out to be.

Having a 3-day weekend helped. The only other thing I worked on was a Phat Fiber box. I finished spinning it, but I haven't taken any photos yet.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...