Monday, May 14, 2018

Monday morning catch-up...

...at least, I started it while it was still morning. LOL!

Yeah, I missed Friday's post. I managed to get my Facebook eye candy post done, but never quite made it to the blog.  I had to work a little extra on Friday to make up for earlier in the week, so something had to fall off the list.

Shortly after I got home, I received a flower delivery - Mother's Day flowers from The Daughter!

Mother's Day flowers

They are gorgeous!

Since I've been holding down the fort at home, there were several more chores to do before I could start my own stuff. That meant that I didn't have much craft time in the afternoon.

Spin-In was on Saturday. I baked some chocolate chip cookies to take. I didn't have the attention span to actually spin at Spin-In. Instead, I took the Charred Teal Shawl [Ravelry] to knit. I finally finished contrast color #2 and can start on contrast color #3.

On Sunday, after calling my mother and talking to The Daughter, I drove to my mother-in-law's house. Several of The Husband's siblings were there for Mother's Day. The Daughter surprised me by arriving there about 40 minutes later. It was good spending time with the family.

I only had a couple of hours to spend in the studio after that. I did a little more beading on the mermaid. I hope that I have enough green beads to finish beading the torso. The original supply list (from 1997) did not indicate that more than one pack of green beads would be needed. I am now well into pack #2 and I'm not sure I'll have enough to finish. I've ordered a 3rd pack, just in case!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...