Wednesday, May 30, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...in which we talk more about finished objects than WIPs.

One project that has been flying low on the radar is a group spinning project. 7 of us in the Spin-In group spun the same colorway of a Lisa Souza fiber. We each spun it differently and created a small sample of our handspun - some knit and some woven. One of the spinners (Knitflix) collected our handspun and samples for submission to the California State fair! The deadline for submission was 5/26 so all can be revealed now.

Here is a photo by Knitflix of the submission. There are more photos on her blog post about it. Mine is the 3rd one after the fiber sample at the top.

Variations on a Theme

Now we have to wait to see what the judges say.

As I mentioned yesterday, I finished spinning a Phat Fiber box. What I didn't say was that it was the second Phat Fiber box I finished spinning this month. :)

Whenever my eyes could not take any more beading, I'd work on a Phat Fiber sample. I finished the The Bee's Knees sampler [Ravelry] first:

The Bee's Knees Sampler

Specs:
Started 4/28/18
Finished 5/19/18
Phat Fiber May 2017 - mixed box
Variety of 2-ply, chain-ply, and artyarn spinning

I finished the Caterpillars and Butterflies box [Ravelry] over the weekend:

Caterpillars and Butterflies Sampler

Specs:
Started 5/20/18
Finished 5/26/18
Phat Fiber March 2017 - mixed box
Variety of 2-ply, chain-ply, and artyarn spinning

I need to review what's in process to determine my new rotation items. A new mermaid is a distinct possibility!

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
    Worked up a Tour de Fleece image to print on to fabric.
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry
  3. Finishing work (Shepherd's Bush Christmas ornament.)
  4. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Phat Fiber Caterpillars and Butterflies (spinning)
  6. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  7. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  8. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)


No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...