Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
  • Friday night's dinner was great - good food and good company. I usually just go home on Friday and stay home until Sunday morning. Dinner at a friend's was a nice change.
  • Saturday, the Husband wasn't gone as long as expected. As a result, mopping the kitchen didn't happen, but the vacuuming did. I'll have to see if I get another window of opportunity.

    And, yes, I have to do this when he's out of the house. Invariables, if I mop the floors when he's home, that's the time he'll choose to do a major watering or weeding of the yard. The newly mopped floors don't stand a chance!
  • I was trying to come up with a Father's Day gift for him. He doesn't need more tools, or wine, or a tie. I finally decided to make him another head scarf to go under his bike helmet. I made him one a couple of years ago and still had the pattern.

    I did a quick stash dive to see what I already had that might be suitable. I really wanted to make him an Irish one, but I didn't have enough fabric. I settled for a black fabric printed with brightly-colored mola figures.

    It's a quick sew and I finished it Saturday afternoon. I need to get a photo of it for the archives.
  • My plan was to spend the rest of my craft time working on my quilt. I pulled out my two attic windows quilt books and reviewed the process of doing the mitered corners. I sewed one block - the mitered corner was OK, just not great. I had the process down at one point, but that was several years ago. More practice!
  • Sunday afternoon we headed out to meet the Daughter for a Father's Day dinner. As always, it was good to see and spend time with her.
  • I spent a little time working on the St. Charles needlepoint piece. I'm almost done with the satin-stitching 4 sections of the center medallion. 
  • It seems like the weekend just flew by and I didn't get nearly enough accomplished!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...