Monday, July 16, 2018

Tour de Fleece catch-up...

...I've been too busy spinning to post!

Tour de Fleece Day 6

Started spinning Summertime [Ravelry], a Falkland top from The Yarn Wench.

Summertime handspun in process

Tour de Fleece Day 7

I finished spinning the singles for Summertime, a Falkland fiber from The Yarn Wench.

Summertime singles

Tour de Fleece Day 8

I chain-plied the Summertime singles with matching beads, until I ran out of beads. The rest of the singles I chain-plied.

Summertime Handspun

and the close-up:

Summertime handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/12/18
Finished 7/14/18
Falkland (3.8 oz) from The Yarn Wench
Skein 1: 67 yds. chain-ply with beads, Bulky
Skein 2: 44.7 chain-ply, 9 WPI

Tour de Fleece Day 9

I spun Lizard Queen [Ravelry], a Falkland top from The Yarn Wench.

Lizard Queen handspun

and the close-up

Lizard Queen handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 7/15/18
Falkland (4.1 oz.) from The Yarn Wench
Skein 1: 39.1 yds, thread-plied with 1 strand green and 1 strand purple rayon thread, Bulky
Skein 2: 48.4 yds chain-ply, 8 WPI


Tour de Fleece Day 10

This was a make-up day for me. I started spinning Plumgolden [Ravelry], a merino-silk from The Yarn Wench. I spun about half of the 3.9 oz. in the bump.

Plumgolden handspun, in progress

.

No comments:

Catching Up on Thursday...

 ...totally spaced on posting yesterday.   I've been involved in reorganizing my fabric. The cats decided it's fun to pull my ...