Friday, August 03, 2018

Eye Candy Friday...

...and I'm looking forward to doing something other than spinning this weekend!

Our tomatoes are finally coming in! They are really late this year. Our first ripe one was a casualty of some critter. So far they haven't gone after the green ones.

Green tomato

While it was a little cooler this morning, I didn't expect to see dew drops in the garden.

Dew drop on a tomato plant

The Husband has planted a bunch of petunias to add spots of color in the garden.

One of these things is not like the others

The kangaroo paws continue to thrive under the apricot tree.

Yellow kangaroo paw flowers

A hummingbird decided to photo-bomb my dew pictures. I took one shot after another and managed to get three OK photos.

Hummer at the feeder

Up this weekend: Work on the quilt and get the next mermaid's linen onto the stretcher bars.

I'm expected another feature fabric to arrive today or tomorrow. I'll need to get that square sewn as well as finish the Tour de Fleece and name blocks. I need to stash dive for cross stitch fabric to start the San Jose State square - I've already pulled the floss for it.

I have a couple of small sewing projects to do, both of which are stealth projects so I can't talk about them yet. One is ready to sew; the other needs fabric pulled from my stash.

I also need straighten up the studio. I have fiber and handspun that needs to be put away, and a little vacuuming wouldn't hurt!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...