Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Hmmm, it's Tuesday...

...and I could swear that I did an Eye Candy Friday post last week, but I don't see one. Guess it was in my imagination!

If I had done the post, it would have included dew on strawberry leaves:

Dew on strawberry leaves

potato vine flowers

White flowers, a little closer

And this morning glory:

Morning glory

My weekend report:
  • Worked a little on St. Charles, the current needlepoint piece in process.
  • Put the next mermaid's linen on the stretcher bars and set up my clipboard for holding the chart copies.
  • Re-sleyed the rigid heddle loom for the Rosewood Wrap [Ravelry]. Wove about 10 picks and did the hemstitching. Wove another 10 inches or so, with the Blue Heron rayon metallic yarn and periodically adding 5 picks of the Cleo yarn. I'm much happier with this combination and look forward to finishing this piece.
  • Figured out an issue with some of the appliquéd blocks for my quilt. Some of the items had far too many edges to be appliquéd smoothly in the traditional method. Enter fusible interfacing and fusible bonding web! For the paperdoll block, I used a combination of fusible interfacing, blanket stitch and appliqué to add a dress to the block. For the butterfly block, I used fusible bonding web to add more butterflies to the block. Both were excellent solutions to the problems!
  • Still didn't spend any time straightening up my area. I really need to vacuum now after cutting out the fiddly pieces of the appliqués.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...