Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

I at least thought about posting yesterday, I just ran out of time. I was busy processing photos from our Saturday excursion and barely finished before I had to meet someone for coffee.

The Husband suggested that we go to the coast on Saturday. Since we wanted to beat the crowds, we left relatively early and got to Half Moon Bay around 10:15am. We found a nice little cafe and had some breakfast and coffee before we headed out to the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve.

We've been there before and really enjoyed it. First, we headed to the tide pools. It was already quite busy, but not so busy that I couldn't get some photos.

We saw seals lounging on the rocks with cormorants flying about:

Seals and cormorants

We found a very interesting rock in one of the tide pools that looked like it had its own little tide pools:

Rock detail

And some shells:

Shells at the tide pools

We took the Bluff Trail and got a different view of the ocean:

Along the Bluff Trail

and the seals:

Seals

and a flock of pelicans!

Pelicans in flight

We took the stairs down to Seal Cove and enjoyed the beach:

Seal Cove

It was a wonderful way to spend a few hours. I really needed to get back to the ocean, and this was perfect!

After some chores, the rest of my weekend was spent working on my quilt and a stealth project. It was a great weekend!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...