Wednesday, August 15, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...almost forgot to post!

Yesterday I mentioned how I got around some appliqué issues using fusible interfacing and fusible bonding web. Here's the butterfly block where I added two butterflies using fusible bonding web.

Butterfly block

The fabric that I chose for this block has a blue sky and clouds background with butterflies interspersed. It really didn't have the butterflies I wanted. I had another butterfly fabric that had the butterflies I wanted, but I didn't like the background. So I took the butterflies I wanted from one fabric and added them to the blue sky fabric - they are the side-facing monarch butterfly and the front-facing swallowtail butterfly in the block. When I do the machine-quilting, I will quilt over the edges of the butterflies to make sure they stick.

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:

  • Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Still working on contrast color #4.
  • Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
    Finished the appliqué pop-outs for now. Working on the cross-stitched square.
  • Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
    Re-sleyed the reed and started weaving - about 10 inches done.
  • St. Charles (needlepoint)
    Worked more on the center section
Queued
  • Renaissance Mermaid (cross stitch)
    Mounted the fabric on the stretcher bars
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Finishing work (Shepherd's Bush Christmas ornament.)
  3. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...