Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Catching up...

...because that week just whipped by! I some finished items and a new list of WIPs to display.

Here's a look at the 4-shaft Weaving Sampler [Ravelry] that I finished weaving at the beginning of the month:

4-shaft weaving sampler, closer view

Specs:
Originally started 5/1/16
Restarted with new warp 9/20/16
Finished 9/7/18
Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet thread (Size 3) in Maize and Blue, plus leftover yarn from other projects

It's not the prettiest thing ever, but I learned lots about my loom and twill!

I spent a lot of time picking and planning my next weaving project. While I was doing the thinking part of the planning, I did some more spinning. This is Bountiful [Ravelry], a Sparkle roving from Greenwood Fiberarts:

Bountiful handspun

and the close up:

Bountiful handspun. close up

Specs:
Started 9/14/18
Finished 9/16/18
Merino-Stellina top (4.0 oz) from Greenwood Fiberarts
184.3 yds, 2-ply; 11 WPI

I also finished knitting the Stormy Weather hat [Ravelry]:

Stormy Weather Hat
Specs:
Started 9/8/2018
Finished 9/21/2018
Pattern: Classic Knit Hat by Haley Scarpino;
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Ombré in Stormy Weather

In WIP news, I decided that the cross stitch square representing my college was not going to work. I was using the image of the mascot and it has too many curves and too few colors to make a decent looking piece. Instead, I decided to create it out of fabric, using fusible binding to bring it all together. I'm much happier with the square now!

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:

  • Camo Hat (knitting)
    Started another charity hat; knitting the ribbing.
  • Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
    Created an appliqué square using fusible binding for the last one. Now it's time to work on the arrangement of the squares.
  • Shimmering Advancing Point Twill Wrap (weaving)
    Purchased the iWeaveit app for my iPad. I chose the 8-shaft shimmering scarf draft from a Weaving Today issue. I played around with the width, colors, and draft to come up with a wrap version I liked. I ordered the 8/2 tencel I needed.
Queued
  • Renaissance Mermaid (cross stitch)
    Mounted the fabric on the stretcher bars
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Finishing work (Shepherd's Bush Christmas ornament.) 
  3. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  5. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...