Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
  • Most of the 8/2 tencel I ordered for my new weaving project has arrived. There is one color on back-order - the amethyst, of course - meaning that I need to wait until it arrives to begin the project. That could take at least 2 weeks, if not longer. No one seems to have the color in stock, so I need to be patient!
     
  • I need to take photos of the tencel that I did receive - it is gorgeous and will make a lovely wrap!
     
  • I started working on the arrangement of the squares for the attic windows quilt. It quickly became apparent that arranging them by approximate date is not going to work. Some of the squares representing my childhood have almost the same background color. Grouping them together doesn't work. I need to think on this.
     
  • I machine-stitched two Christmas ornaments together. I stuffed them and need to hand-sew the openings closed. Then I need to make cording and attach it around each ornament. They are getting closer to done!
     
  • I wasn't happy with the camo yarn that I was using for the latest hat - it felt too stiff. I scrapped that hat and started a purple one with much softer yarn.
     
  • I started working on the last Pine Mountain small pillow kit in my stash (at least, I think it's the last one) called "Love You Punkin." I bought it in 2003. The only reason I haven't done it is because it uses plain round buttons as the "charms" where most of the other small kits used a silver charm or a shaped JABC button. It's a simple stitch and won't take long to complete.
     
  • While I pondered various projects, I finished another Greenwood Fiberworks top. Grandma's Kitchen is a merino-tencel top that I bought at this year's Stitches West. I started it last week, and finished it on Saturday. I need to take photos of this, too.
     
  • The Husband and I are trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" we have in storage. He brought home 5 boxes of things for me to go through. I found a just few things to keep (like my father's letters and cards to my mother), but mostly got rid of everything in the boxes -  1 box of recycling, 2 boxes of shredding, and 1 box of Goodwill donations. Hopefully, we can do this every week and severely reduce what we are storing.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...blog and run. Visiting mom's and her roses are blooming.