Wednesday, October 03, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...I meant to take a photo of the latest finished object, but totally spaced.

I've been having a lot of fun going through 30+-year-old financial records. Among all of the old bills and tax returns, I've found a few gems like thank you notes from my ex's family, early photos of The Daughter, and assessment and tax notices for the house. Most everything ends up in shred or recycling, but I hung on to a few old things.

The Husband has me on a roll, so I hope he brings home another box or 2 to go through before the weekend.

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:

  • Finishing work for Christmas ornaments
    Machine sewed two ornaments: Shepherd's Bush and Just Nan. Need to hand sew the opening, make cording, and attach it to each.
  • Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
    Started arranging the squares and hit a speed bump when I realized that date order wasn't going to work. Need to rethink this.
  • Love You Punkin pillow kit (cross stitch)
    Stitched the "You" and working on the "Love."
  • Purple Hat (knitting)
    Scrapped the Camo hat and started a purple one instead.
  • Shimmering Advancing Point Twill Wrap (weaving)
    Received all but the amethyst 8/2 tencel - it's backordered. This project goes on hold until I get the last color.
Queued
  • Renaissance Mermaid (cross stitch)
    Mounted the fabric on the stretcher bars
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  4. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...