Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

I spent the weekend cleaning up the house and getting things prepped for Thanksgiving.

We're having 2 Thanksgivings: one with my mom and one with The Daughter. I'm providing cranberry sauce and dressing/stuffing for both dinners, and a pie or cobbler for my mom's.
  • On my half-day off on Friday, I started spinning a new yarn, Under the Sea [Ravelry]. The top is a Stitches West 217 purchase from Huckleberry Knits. 
  • I also spent some time toying with the Advancing Point weaving project, trying to figure out the best way to make the wrap wider. It currently site at 16 inches, which is not wide enough. I'd like it to be at least 20 inches wide.
  • I did the first grocery run on Saturday.
  • After the grocery run, I cooked.
    • Made the cranberry sauce for both meals. It's in the refrigerator, ready to go.
    • Prepped the dressing/stuffing for both meals. I put it into two containers and froze them so they'd hold better.
    • Assembled the dry brine mix for our turkey and set it aside in an airtight container.
  • On Sunday, I did the second grocery run, mostly for dinner ingredients.
  • Sunday was also the day to finish dusting. The Husband very kindly left the house for a couple of hours so I could mop the floors and let them dry before he needed to walk across them. 
  • I spent a little time knitting on the Charred Teal Shawl [Ravelry]. 
  • Because of all the holiday preparations, the only time I spent in my studio was changing loads of laundry and folding clothes on Saturday and Sunday.
  • I hope to spend part of the Thanksgiving weekend working on crafts, but we'll have to see how it goes!
There is light in the end of the poor air quality tunnel. We actually saw clouds yesterday and the moon last night. It's been a very hazy 10 days.

Sunrise 11/19/18

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...