Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the Thanksgiving report.

The long weekend was pretty busy, so I didn't really have time to post.
  • We woke up Wednesday to rain!! It was so good to smell clean air after 10 days of smokey and hazy days.
  • We went to my Mom's on Wednesday. I baked an apricot cobbler when I got there so I wouldn't have to deal with it on Thanksgiving Day.
  • I helped my sister set the table and helped my mom with whatever she'd let me do. Let me tell you, at 88 she still has a ton of energy!
  • ON Thanksgiving day, we all pitched in to do whatever needed doing. The turkeys (!) were cooked in electric roasters, freeing up the oven for the side dishes.
  • 14 people arrived for dinner. It was yummy and the desserts were fabulous. We all ate too much, but it was all SO good!
  • We came home on Saturday morning. I cooked our turkey and The Daughter joined us for dinner.  I cooked a smaller turkey this year because there were only 3 people. So, fewer leftovers, but that's a good thing!
  • I worked on the Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry] in our car trips to Mom's. I finally finished section 3 and I'm about a third of the way on section 4.Yay!
  • I really didn't work much on anything else. Even though I had 5 days off, it really only felt like a regular weekend.
My apricot-almond cobbler:
Apricot-Almond Cobbler

.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...