Wednesday, November 28, 2018

WIP-it Wednesday...

...sorry, no photos this week either.  It was raining too hard for me to go out to the studio and take photos of the current WIPs.

I have added another project to the list: a quilt for my mother-in-law. When we visited her at her memory care facility before Thanksgiving, I noticed that her side of the shared room was pretty empty of anything personal. Her roommate has a nice quilt on her bed, so I decided we needed to make one for my MIL.

My original thought was an Irish-themed quilt, but I quickly discarded that idea. The quilt examples that I found were either too complicated (Irish-Chain quilt) or too cartoony (leprechauns) for her taste. Given that the quilt might accidentally disappear at the facility, I don't want to invest hours and hours in it, but I do want it to be nice.

She really loves the seashore and seashells. In my stash, I found a panel from the Sand and Sea collection by Wilmington Prints and a couple of other fabrics in the line. The panel has large seahorses and shells that she will love. I just ordered another panel and one more fabric in the line. Combining the two panels and the fabrics will give me enough to make a quilt to fit her bed. I already have a fabric to use for backing - it's a print of ocean waves.

Another project for the queue!

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:

  • Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Finished Section 3...finally! Halfway through section 4.
In the Queue
  • Renaissance Mermaid (cross stitch)
  • Sand and Sea quilt for MIL (quilting)
  • Shimmering Advancing Point Twill Wrap (weaving)
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On This Week:
  1. Baroque Hat (knitting) [Ravelry
  2. Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing) 
  3. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
  4. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry
  5. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  6. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...