Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
  • Friday afternoon, I did ingredient shopping at Smart and Final and at Trader Joes.
  • On Saturday, I hung up the Advent calendars and the stockings.
  • I also did the ingredient shopping at Safeway.
  • I baked the pumpkin breads and fruitcakes. I made room in the freezer and got them all in. Yay!
  • In between baking batches of breads and cake, I managed to get the laundry done.
  • On Sunday, I did a regular grocery run and picked up a couple of things I missed on the previous day.
  • I spent the rest of the day making cookie dough, right up to dinner time!
  • If this wasn't the last year of the cookie marathon, I know which cookies I would cycle out: the Pistachio Spirals, Spumoni Slices,  and the Espresso-Chocolate ribbons are the biggest PITA to make. They all require rolling the dough into certain sizes.
    • The spirals require stacking 2 rectangles of dough and then rolling them up.
    • The ribbons require stacking 3 rectangles of dough in a certain order.
    • The ribbons require stacking 2 portions of 3 dough rectangles in a certain order and then stacking the stacks until you have six layers.
    Even after chilling, the dough is somewhat soft, making it hard to stack the dough precisely. One of them always falls apart!
  • The doughs are all ready to slice and bake, when I get the energy!
Weekend tally:
  1. Pumpkin bread: 10 mini loaves
  2. Fruitcakes: 18 mini loaves
  3. Cookie dough: 9 different kinds

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...