Wednesday, January 24, 2024

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...and a finished object.

I love working on minis. They are fast to complete and give me a sense of accomplishment. They are small enough that I don't have a chance to get bored with the project.

Just Nan has (had?) a set of mini designs and accompanying frames, which really gives you that sense of accomplishment. This is the latest one that I finished - this is Frost Flower.

Frost Flower mini

Specs:
Started 12/27/2023
Finished  1/23/2024
Design by Just Nan

Since I retired in 2019, I've been avoiding working on a lot of things that require significant computer time. After years of doing technical documentation and productions work, I needed a break. With the handling of my mom's estate, I've had to dive back into that world.

For my own sanity, I've been alternating mom's stuff with some of my own. My website is seriously out of date as is my project database. While I'm not ready to dive back into either of those, I can update my project binder that lists all of the projects that I have worked on and completed over the years. 

The binder currently lists my earliest project at the age of 7 (approx.) through December 2019. I've started the process of updating the binder,

WIPs Roll Call
Worked On:

  1. Project Binder (documentation)
    Collected data from my blog recaps and started formatting them in FrameMaker.
  2. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
    Modifying the layout of the sampler.

No Work This Week:

  1. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
  2. Mermaid’s Lagoon Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Singularity Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]

Ready for Finishing:

  • Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing)

IDJ (It's Dead, Jim):

  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]

UFOs/Hibernation:

  1. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  2. Illusion Cube Blanket (knitting) [Ravelry]

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...