Wednesday, February 28, 2024

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...some progress on all fronts.

I started spinning a new fiber. This is Walk In The Forest, a Wensleydale fiber that I bought at the Taos Wool Festival in 2016.

Walk In The Forest Handspun, singles

I finished the singles and vowed that I wouldn't spin Wensleydale again. It was hard on my hands and not an enjoyable spin. I do loved the colors, though. I will ply it to finished it off.

In between spinning sessions, I worked on some cross stitch and some of mom's paperwork.

WIPs Roll Call
Worked On:

  1. Pearl Orchid (cross stitch)
    Re-stitched the area that I had to pull out last week.
  2. Dreaming Cleo (cross stitch)
    Working on the hair and headpiece
  3. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
    Updated the Word document listing the blocks and the reasons behind them.
  4. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Knit a few pattern repeats to see whether I want to continue on the project. So far, the answer is yes.

No Work This Week:

  1. Mermaid’s Lagoon Socks (knitting) [Ravelry
  2. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry
  3. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch) 

IDJ (It's Dead, Jim):

  • Singularity Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    I just wasn't enjoying the knit, so time to cut my losses.

Ready for Finishing:

  • Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing)

UFOs/Hibernation:

  1. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  2. Illusion Cube Blanket (knitting) [Ravelry]

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...