Wednesday, March 06, 2024

WIP-It Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that.

When I heard that Gord Lendrum was retiring from building spinning wheels, I was sad. I love my Lendrum DT folding wheel, but it hasn't been foldable for several years and it's been pretty wobbly for a while. I was hoping to get it repaired at some point. Instead, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new wheel and use my old wheel as back-up parts. 

It arrived yesterday and I immediately put it to the test. It spins like butter - I am so happy!

The fiber I started with is Sunflower [Ravelry], a merino-cashmere-silk top from Greenwood Fiberworks. I am working on the singles.

Sunflower Handspun, in progress

WIPs Roll Call
Worked On:

  1. Pearl Orchid (cross stitch)
    Started another section, but had to pull it out because I used the wrong color. Sigh, for a little piece it's been challenging.
  2. Dreaming Cleo (cross stitch)
    Still working on the hair and headpiece
  3. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
    Ordered a new background fabric for one of the blocks. 
  4. Mermaid’s Lagoon Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]  
    Finished the third pattern repeat.
  5. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Knit a couple more pattern repeats.

No Work This Week:

  1. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry
  2. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch) 

IDJ (It's Dead, Jim):

  • Singularity Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]

Ready for Finishing:

  • Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing)

UFOs/Hibernation:

  1. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  2. Illusion Cube Blanket (knitting) [Ravelry]

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...