Wednesday, April 17, 2024

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object.

Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, we did the same, but it was so cold outside that my studio never warmed up.. My hands were so cold, it was painful to work on my projects. I have a couple of pairs of hand warmers - one that I knit and one that I purchased. The Voodoo Hand Warmers that I knit are warm, but they are too long for crafts.

I knit a pair of wrist warmers from a skein of yarn that I rescued from a failed pair of socks. These are Peacock Wrist Warmers [Ravelry]:

Peacock Wrist Warmers

Specs:
Started 4/5/2024
Finished 4/17/2024
Pattern: Sock Hands by Hook Mountain Handmade
Yarn: Socks That Rock Lightweight from BMFA

WIPs Roll Call
Worked On:

  1. Mermaid’s Lagoon Socks (knitting) [Ravelry
    Still working on the heel flaps.

No Work This Week:

  1. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
  2. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch) 

IDJ (It's Dead, Jim):

  • Singularity Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]

Ready for Finishing:

  • Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing)

UFOs/Hibernation:

  1. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  2. Illusion Cube Blanket (knitting) [Ravelry]

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...