Wednesday, July 31, 2024

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...doing a little of this and a little of that.

One of my WIPs is getting all of my medical and dental appointments made and organized. I've let a lot of things go since mom got sick and then dealing with her estate.

With the Olympics on TV, I'm getting some knitting done while I watch the Prime Time programming. I'm actually making progress on the socks!

I started a new cross stitch project, Witchy Dreams:

Witchy Dreams

While it's a little early to be thinking about Halloween, no other cross stitch project appealed to me.

I also started a needlepoint project and immediately stalled on it. It's called Chaca II, a Susan Portra design. I usually love to stitching her designs, but I'm finding these instructions difficult to follow. There are multiple pages of instructions and charts and you need to shuffle between the pages to follow each step. After thinking about it for a couple of days, I decided to stitch things in the order that made sense to me. We'll see if that's an improvement.

WIPs Roll Call
Worked On:

  1. Chaca II (needlepoint)
    Started 7/27/2024
  2. Mermaid’s Lagoon Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Working on the toes, about 2.5 inches left to do.
  3. Witchy Dreams (cross stitch)
    Working on the hair and hat.

No Work This Week:

  1. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
  2. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Website (other)

Queued:

  • Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)

Ready for Finishing:

  1. Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing)
  2. Collector's Heart 2024 (cross stitch)
  3. Crystal Heart mini (cross stitch)
  4. Jasmine Mix mini (cross stitch)
  5. Mermaid’s Lagoon Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]
  7. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  8. Tulip Time mini (cross stitch)

UFOs/Hibernation:

  1. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  2. California Red Poppy Handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
  3. Illusion Cube Blanket (knitting) [Ravelry]

No comments:

WI-it Wednesday...

 ...yeah, I've been absent for a bit. The last week+ have been pretty busy for us. Between celebrating my birthday, a visit from o...