...Happy Blogiversary to me!! It's been 3 years since I started this blog. In that time I've gone from being mostly a cross-stitcher and quilter to being a knitter and spinner. I still cross stitch and quilt, but I spend far more of my craft time knitting and spinning. In honor of the blog turning 3, I'm having a contest! Leave a comment in this post to be entered in a drawing for a skein of Sundara Petals Collection sock yarn (or a skein of my handspun, if you prefer). The winner will be chosen at random from all entrants. Deadline: 1/12/09 at Midnight (Pacific time) Good luck! (Jaywalker socks in progress)
...because it's now November ! (Can you believe it?!) Finished (pictures in my Flickr projects set): Summer of Love Lace socks in the Flower Power yarn from Blue Moon 's Rockin' Sock club Yarn Wench 100% Falkland top (4.1oz) in October Sky Spun and plied on Lendrum Folding wheel Yield : 330.6 yards; 2-ply yarn Weight : 13 WPI, Between Sport and Medium (Worsted) weight In progress: Knitting Montego Bay wrap in Walking on the Wild Tide yarn, using Montego Bay scarf pattern from Interweave Knits Summer issue . Spinning 4+ oz of Yarn Wench 100% Falkland wool top in Josie; 1.5 spindles-full so far Spinning 4 oz of Angora Cottage 70% Merino and 30% Silk roving in purple Started: Knitting the Corrugator scarf in Blue Moon by Spunky Eclectic (my own handspun yarn!) Poppy socks from Sundara's Petals Collection Spinning 4.3 oz of Yarn Wench BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) in Splendor Variation 2; first bobbin Spinning 2 Chasing Rainbows rovings together in the Heather colorway...
Yeah, who knew I'd still be doing this five years later? There have been a few changes since my first post . I'm no longer just a stitcher and quilter. I've added knitter, spinner, and weaver to the list. I also dabble in macro photography I changed the name of the blog to be more "me." I changed the layout. I have more than one reader. (Don't burst my bubble, please. LOL!) I've settled into a MWF schedule of posting, except when life and work get in the way. I still find the blog a useful journal of the projects I have in process and my mindset at the time I'm working on them. A little personal stuff gets thrown in from time to time. So, for now, blogging is still working for me. If you've been reading all along...thanks for joining me on this little journey! I plan on continuing as long as it is still useful for me. OK, on to the contest: Leave a comment on this post by Midnight PST, Wednesday 1/19/11. (No, multiple comments will ...
Comments