...Happy Blogiversary to me!! It's been 3 years since I started this blog. In that time I've gone from being mostly a cross-stitcher and quilter to being a knitter and spinner. I still cross stitch and quilt, but I spend far more of my craft time knitting and spinning. In honor of the blog turning 3, I'm having a contest! Leave a comment in this post to be entered in a drawing for a skein of Sundara Petals Collection sock yarn (or a skein of my handspun, if you prefer). The winner will be chosen at random from all entrants. Deadline: 1/12/09 at Midnight (Pacific time) Good luck! (Jaywalker socks in progress)
...because it's now November ! (Can you believe it?!) Finished (pictures in my Flickr projects set): Summer of Love Lace socks in the Flower Power yarn from Blue Moon 's Rockin' Sock club Yarn Wench 100% Falkland top (4.1oz) in October Sky Spun and plied on Lendrum Folding wheel Yield : 330.6 yards; 2-ply yarn Weight : 13 WPI, Between Sport and Medium (Worsted) weight In progress: Knitting Montego Bay wrap in Walking on the Wild Tide yarn, using Montego Bay scarf pattern from Interweave Knits Summer issue . Spinning 4+ oz of Yarn Wench 100% Falkland wool top in Josie; 1.5 spindles-full so far Spinning 4 oz of Angora Cottage 70% Merino and 30% Silk roving in purple Started: Knitting the Corrugator scarf in Blue Moon by Spunky Eclectic (my own handspun yarn!) Poppy socks from Sundara's Petals Collection Spinning 4.3 oz of Yarn Wench BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) in Splendor Variation 2; first bobbin Spinning 2 Chasing Rainbows rovings together in the Heather colorway...
...can you believe it? I started this blog January 5, 2006 as a way to track my projects. I also wanted to share my projects with friends and anyone else who might be interested. Getting large numbers of followers was never my goal. The blog is a great way to gauge how a particular project is progressing, and it's fun to finally show a completed project. It's also my journal of how things are going with me and mine, at least in a general way. In the last year, I've thought about moving the blog to my website ( http://solarbrations.com/ ) and started to research how to do that. Obviously, I didn't get very far. For now, I'm leaving it here. I might move it later. So, how about a contest for my 10th Blogiversary? Leave a comment on this post by Midnight PST, Monday 1/18/16. (No, multiple comments will not give you multiple entries!) I'll do the random number thing and post the winner on Wednesday, 1/20/16. The prize is 1 skein of BMFA Socks Th...
Comments