WIP-it Wednesday and Catching Up...

...yeah, it's been a minute. And there's been a lot going on.

My life has been consumed by trying to shove stuff from a 480 sq. ft. room that was very stuffed into a room with 40 sq. ft. less. Ack! Each time I open a box, I have to look at each item and make a choice whether to keep it or donate it.

I ran into more handspun along the way. I got another under-the-bed bin and rearranged the bins under there to fit the additional one in. Whew!

The two storage benches are crammed full of my fiber stash. Thankfully there is no overflow.

We discovered that our plan to add casters to my worktable was not going to work. It would make the table too tall for short me (5'2") and the bookcase bases would not support the casters without reinforcing them with more wood. Scratch that. Instead, we found an 8-Compartment Mobile Backpack Storage Cabinet from ECR4kids, a school room product provider. The cubicles are the perfect size for 11x11 bins.

As a result, I had four bookcases intended for the worktable that won't go back into the studio. In addition, it definitely cannot hold all of my modular storage cubes. The Husband has been a trouper and managed to get rid of the furniture through Nextdoor.

Next, the linen storage bins that I used for my fabric and I planned on repurposing for the yarn under the worktable kinda-sorta worked. However, they were only 7.5" high, meaning that I after I filled them, I could not any more yarn above the 7.5" without it falling out every time I pulled a bin. I bit the bullet and ordered new bins that were 11" high. Now all of the yarn in stored under the worktable.

While I looked at new bins for the yarn, I also looked at some new bins for fat-quarter storage. Like the yarn bins, the fabric bins were shorter that the Kallax/Expedit cube height. In addition, I need to free up more cubes for things other than fabric. I bought 9 of the taller version of the same linen bins to match the others. I was able to reduce the number of cubicles used by fabric and I now have 12 cubicles that I can use for other items, like thread cases, bead containers, and office supplies. I'm in the process of filling them.

I also set up storage area in the laundry area to hold supplies that I don't access very often. It's a combination of plastic drawer units that I already had and some fabric zippered bins that I already had.

My new SewFine sewing cabinet arrived on Monday and is perfect! I love that it can be completely closed when it's not in use. It's so well-made and I'm glad I got it.

I'm hoping that the Murphy Bed arrives by the end of the month so I can empty the boxes of books. It has bookshelves with 20 openings. I hope my books fit!

Here's a look at what the studio looks like today.

Studio 2026, as of 6/24

On the craft front, I did manage to pin the 3 quilts in process. I was waiting for the new sewing cabinet before I started doing the machine quilting. I may not get to them this week, but soon!

WIPs Roll Call
Worked On:

  1. Studio
    Assembled the worktable and sorted the yarn; rearranged some of the fat quarters; emptied a lot of boxes.

No Work This Week:

  1. Alphabet Afghan (cross stitch)
  2. California Red Poppy Handspun (spinning) [Ravelry
  3. Herding Cats quilt (quilting) 
  4. Illusion Cube Blanket (knitting) [Ravelry]  
  5. La Cat-trina quilt (quilting)  
  6. Morgana (cross stitch)
  7. My Recipes (cooking) 
  8. Road to Chaos (quilting)   
  9. Starwoman (cross stitch)  
  10. Website (other) 

Queued for Starting

  1. Moon Lets Sun Shine (or Luna y Sol) quilt (quilting)
  2. Summer Typography (cross stitch) 

Ready for Finishing:

  1. Finishing work for some old crewel pictures (sewing)
  2. August 1997 Hat-of-the-Month (cross stitch)
  3. Bring Us Good Cheer
  4. CATrina (cross stitch) 
  5. Cherub Garden (cross stitch) 
  6. Collector's Heart 2026 (cross stitch) 
  7. Ewe Can Build a Snowman pincushion (cross stitch) 
  8. Happy Pumpkin needleroll (cross stitch)
  9. Horrified! mini (cross stitch) 
  10. Making Spirits Bright (cross stitch)
  11. Peaceful Night (cross stitch)
  12. Primrose Path (cross stitch) 
  13. Sea Dandelion (cross stitch)
  14. Star (cross stitch) 
  15. Stay Warm (cross stitch) 

UFOs/Hibernation:

  1. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  2. Look Through My Window quilt for me (quilting)
  3. Ocean Ripples Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry
  4. Sky Lanterns Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogiversary Contest...

October 2007 recap...

Happy 10th Blogiversary to me...