Eye Candy Friday...
...and I'm enjoying a little alone time.
The Husband is off on a camping trip, so the cats and I are hanging out in the studio.
The garden hasn't changed much since last week, but we do have some pink hibiscus now.
We've been noticing that with the summer heat, some of the rooms that are stuffy. We have to keep some of the rooms closed a lot of the time because of the cats. They love to go in and knock things off of the counter. Canela likes to go into the bathrooms and "sing" because her voice echoes so nicely. The studio is closed up after 5:30 pm and doesn't open again until I open it in the morning.
I did an experiment in the studio. I researched diffusers and found a company that uses natural scents, based on essential oils. I'm scent sensitive to perfumes and other scents that are chemical-based, but natural scents don't bother me as much. I bought an ocean and sea salt scent and put it in the studio. I didn't have any sinus issues - score! I next tried a lemon verbena scent in my bathroom and that worked very well. It's a perfect scent for The Husband, so I moved it into his room.
To replace it in my bathroom, I bought a gardenia scent - they were my father's favorite flowers and I love them as well. The only issue was that I couldn't get a diffuser set for the gardenia. However, I remembered that I had a glass bottle with a beaded collar that I made in a Spirit of Cross Stitch Festival years ago. It's perfect!


Comments